The Fifth Hope Conference

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Cult of the dead cow and the women of 2600.

Some of us in our ever growing group went and saw The Cult of the Dead Cow's hacktivism panel. No cow heads or naked dancers this year. Damn. Really informative introduction to what hacktivism is and what is going on in china. I just got back from the "Women of 2600" panel in section c (the section set aside for speakers. I got there around the end only to walk in on a guy asking the women a question. "Do you contribute to the hacker community? And if so what?" One of the girls quickly and angrily responded: "Have you?" and stated that she could probably pee just as far as him. Pictures will come as soon as I can find tsunami. THe halfway hacker house is having a party. I haven't decided whether I want to go or not. But I think the others are going to go so hopefully I can get you guys a good post of what it was like.

http://www.hackerhalfwayhouse.org/

http://www.cultdeadcow.com/

http://hacktivismo.com/

3 Comments:

  • You should have come earlier (or stayed later after that question)... it wasn't indicative of the mood and the attitude of the women during the whole panel.

    BTW, if you'd like a URL for the Wiki that was made after the panel to continue discussing the subject, go to http://www.geek-girls.ca/hacking/

    By Blogger C4bl3Fl4m3, at July 16, 2004 at 7:09 PM  

  • Great Book .. Live Your Life With A Little Daily Motivation.. Do we seek special education Daily,weekly or yearly. I have been interested in working and special education for years now. I am driven to success by the master teachers from the past. I really enjoy people like Wayne Dyer, Greg Vanden Berge and Tony Robbins. Im writing to this blog for selfish reasons, I want to see everyone live the life of their dreams. I am Living my life to the fullest and it is due to a book writen by Greg Vanden Berge . Master Goal Achiever and Author of Start Living Your Dreams Today.. A Great Book from the masters.. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 12, 2006 at 8:44 AM  

  • Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Leashes information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 21, 2006 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home